Saturday, November 19, 2011

Old school

So in the process of re-discovering my old blog, I found this slideshow I made of pics from freshman year: http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/view_shared?p=2c5f0a38e4e61f40689f81&autoplay&skin_id=0

As I watched it for the first time in almost 5 years, I remember taking way too much time to make it, and the memories came flooding back.

Most of them were good -- I'm still pretty close with most of the people in those pictures -- some of them are still my closest friends, some of them I've lived with over the years, some of them I've worked with, and even if I don't talk to some of them on a regular basis, I'd like to think I'm on good terms with 95% of them still.

There are the few that I've lost touch with and will probably never be friends with again... the ex-boyfriends, the ex-best friends, the people where you can't really remember what happened between you but it seemed like a big deal at the time. Part of me wishes that I could send them the slideshow and remind them of the fun times we used to have, and part of me doubts that they would a) respond at all, b)respond positively, or c) even know what to say.

In any case, I think that we meet the people we do so that we can at least learn something from those relationships. Each new friendship or relationship we have is impacted greatly by the ones we had before it, and they help us to grow into the people we are right now. Sometimes that impact is positive, and other times it's just a lesson, but in any case, there's no going back from here - so don't bother regretting any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment